The Electronic Prescription Service is a secure service that allows you to nominate your chosen dispenser of appliances. If you choose Homecare as your chosen dispenser your GP will securely send us your prescription electronically in the future, when it is requested. We will then send you your appliances as usual.
What are the benefits to you?
- You do not have to wait for your prescription to be sent to us by post, speeding up the process from order to delivery.
- You will not need to attend your GP to collect your prescription.
- There is less chance of your prescription being delayed.
- You can choose who you wish to nominate.
- You can change your nomination at any time.
How to nominate Homecare
Please complete the attached nomination form and post it to us, and we'll do the rest. Alternatively, you can contact your GP surgery to confirm that you would like to nominate Homecare (North West Ostomy Supplies) as your chosen dispensing appliance contractor. If you are unsure what your NHS number is, your GP can help you.
Please note that you do not need to use the Electronic Prescription Service to continue using Homecare, and that you can continue to provide us prescriptions as you currently do. It will also not affect the way in which you order or receive your medication.